Saturday, February 18, 2012

Not many fish, but plenty of color

I went to a few streams with Alan yesterday, hoping to catch that elusive brookie known to inhabit these waters.  Unfortunately, none were willing to show themselves in spite of the great mid-winter weather.  I was able to fool one nice brown with a gold-ribbed hare's ear nymph and one young salmon with a light Edson tiger streamer.  It seemed that the lack of fish was compensated for in color.  The interesting patterns on the bridge support, lichens on a streamside rock and weathered red barn all caught my eye and justified a quick picture.  However, I missed seeing the beautiful coloration of a nice brookie.  Next time.









2 comments:

  1. A nice brown.
    Wonderful photos of why we seek wild trout.
    Love that boulder and the barn.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BRK TRT. I look forward to our next exploration.

      Delete