Thursday, February 23, 2012

Incredible February weather

Alan and I hit the water yesterday to take advantage of the remarkable February weather.  At our second stop we were greeted by native brookies enthusiastically rising to dry flies (in my case an olive bodied elk hair caddis).  Alan has converted me to winter dry fly fishing and to mastering his technique of fishing dry flies from an upstream position.  BRK TRT has been a great influence and teacher.  I'll admit to being hooked on this approach, but by nature I'm still a streamer fisherman (the salt water influence).  In fact, the largest fish I caught was on a Picket Pin being drawn upstream as a streamer.  Unfortunately, the fish escaped at my feet while I was getting my camera out.  It's going to be a sad day when I return to work and am no longer capable of pretending to be retired and free to fish when I please.









1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy, there's always the TROUT BUM life.
    It was a good outing.

    ReplyDelete