Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fishing frustration, but a nice little brown nonetheless

I went to a brook today that runs into a Class 1 stream.  I've never had great luck there, even though I know it has both wild brook and brown trout in residence.  Today was as frustrating as ever, producing no fish (or strikes) for most of the time I was there.  When I returned to the bridge pool that I had started at I finally fooled two browns into taking a hot pink worm pattern.  The first was the largest and was lost while attempting to get my camera out.  The second, pictured below, was smaller but truly beautiful.  Working upstream from the bridge I hooked a nice brookie in the pool pictured below, but again lost it while getting ready to take a picture. 

Obviously, there are two things that I need to work on.  One is catching the fish that inhabit this brook and the other is photographing the ones that I do hook.  Maybe I should net the fish first and then worry about the picture.




1 comment:

  1. That fly looks familiar.
    The brown is so well proportioned.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete