Saturday, November 1, 2014

Wild browns

Having electrofished this stream twice this month, I can say with certainty that it is home to numerous sizable wild browns.  Our most recent survey of the stream revealed the presence of an 18 inch kiped male, colored up beautifully for the fall breeding season.  Since this is a tributary to a major river this fish was probably a visitor.  I can also say with certainty that I don't seem to fish the stream very well, although the recent temperature drop may be part of the problem.  I'll need to work on my tactics and fly selection to be able to catch more of the stream's impressive residents.












3 comments:

  1. Nice catch.
    I'll bet once the voltage is out of them they will respond to an intruder swimming by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see that Fenwick glass getting some stream time!

    ReplyDelete