Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The leaves can wait

Rather than do my leaves for the third time I opted to visit some new water.  Having heard from a fellow DEP seasonal employee that this stream has wild brookies, I figured that after the rain on Monday it was time to give it a try.  Unlike the first time a went there, this time there was a sufficient amount of water flowing to warrant wetting a fly.  I was able to catch and release four brookies using a picket pin, all being the size pictured below.  Having plans to meet Mark at another stream prevented me from fully exploring this stream but I intend to go back as soon as I can.





After meeting Mark midday at one of our favorite small brooks, I was treated to fish that were inspired by size 18 parachute patterns (like the Purple Haze that Mark loaned me).  Unfortunately the water level is still very low, a somewhat depressing sight.  At least we were able to see up close some of the stream's beautiful inhabitants.



No comments:

Post a Comment