Sunday, September 22, 2013

Rain

It's amazing what a night of rain can do to liven up a small stream.  On Friday this stream was lower than I'd ever seen it and the fishing was very slow.  Today, after a nice rain overnight, the water was up and the fish were far more active.  Below are some of the ones that I caught, using the Bomber, Alan's BA caddis and the woodchuck caddis.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some more rain to raise the water level in more of these beautiful small CT streams.











5 comments:

  1. Oh how I love the colors on a small stream brookie. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joel, I never get tired of seeing these fish. They can be absolutely beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I've never before seen brookies with such yellow spots. Have caught plenty natives here in NJ, but not like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may just be the camera. Or maybe the tannins in the water?

      Delete