Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Rainy day at Class 1 stream

Rather than wait until tomorrow's sunny but cooler weather, I decided to spend some time today in the light rain at a Class 1 stream.  Last night's rain had dirtied and raised the water somewhat, but the stream was really in good condition.  Every time I go there I seem to have a different experience, a fish caught in a different pool or using a different fly, and today was no exception.  While this trip was more productive than any thus far, six browns landed and gently released, I am still not catching any of the brookies that inhabit the stream.  I'm not sure why this is the case or what I am doing wrong, but I intend to keep trying.



1 comment:

  1. A nice outing. Great browns.
    With the rains that stream will fish well for some time.

    ReplyDelete