Thursday, March 3, 2022

RIP Alan

The world lost a very special man on February 19, 2022.  Alan was one of the most passionate fisherman that I have ever known.  He was as patient and diligent about his fishing as one can be, standing at the head of a pool and methodically testing its waters with various fly patterns until it either gave up a fish or he was convinced that none was present.  He was also as gracious as any fisherman that I have ever met, sharing his accumulated knowledge freely with anyone that had the great pleasure of fishing with him.  I was extremely fortunate to have met Alan many years ago, first through emailing him questions about small stream trout fishing in CT and then by finally running into him on the Tankerhoosen River and introducing myself.  I will never forget the numerous hours spent fishing with him in Brook Trout Forest and learning each and every time how to read the water and fool one of nature's most beautiful creatures.

I will miss him dearly and never forget his contribution to the quality of my own life.

RIP Alan











No comments:

Post a Comment