Thursday, January 7, 2016

If you thought the last one was big....

This afternoon I returned to the small stream that produced the large wild brookie for me on New Year's day to see if there were any other residents willing to feed.  This time I started farther upstream where I know there are a few good pools that have produced for me in the past.  Nothing happened as I worked my way downstream until I got to the pool pictured below, situated right at the beginning of the first house one encounters along this beautiful little brook.  The fish struck my slowly retrieved Gartside sparrow somewhere between the two rocks.  To say that I was shocked by the size of what was at the other end of my line would be an understatement.  This may well be the largest wild brookie I've caught in CT.




The New Year's day fish.


4 comments: