Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Testing a new fly pattern

I was searching the web many months ago and found a video on YouTube showing how to tie Eric Leiser's Woodchuck Caddis.  Since I like to test out new patterns I thought that I would give this one a try.  I used the same dubbing that is used in the Ausable Bomber and as a result the fly really resembles a caddis version of this remarkable pattern.  On the water the fly has proven to be very effective, having drawn numerous strikes on the streams that I have recently used it on.









3 comments:

  1. Nice pattern. I can see how those brookies would take to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder of this fly pattern. I have never fished it, but, I know it has a good history with others. Some time at the vise is necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice looking pattern and fine looking Brookies.

    ReplyDelete