I wanted to fish and test a new camera (Canon ELPH 100 HS) before the lousy weather comes in so I got up this morning and headed to a favorite brook. While the water temp of the stream was still reasonable (60 deg F), it was clear that it is was desperately in need of replenishment (i.e. rain). I started fishing with a slightly modified version of Alan's red Picket Pin (bright orange thread) and had a fair number of strikes, but only landed a couple small brookies. I switched to the Bomber and Usual dry flies to try something different but found that only the smaller residents of the brook showed any interest. On the walk back downstream I tied on the simple emerger/dry pattern that I've mentioned before and with that I was able to fool the larger brookie pictured below. Not a bad day on the water, but an influx of new water would certainly help perk up the residents.