Friday, November 25, 2011

Roadside brook

Since I have become preoccupied with finding wild trout in unfrequented streams, I am compelled to stop and take a few casts whenever I see something with potential.  While driving to a stream that flows into the Salmon River I passed this small brook right along the road.  The brook flows over a series of waterfalls, down through a small ravine and then into a flatter section emptying into the Salmon.  While I did not find it to be crawling with fish, I did catch one small brookie and lost two others.  The stream has some nice pools that I would have thought contained fish, but I've had no luck in them.  Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. I see you have been out and about.
    I think I may have fished this stream.

    Nice brookie.

    ReplyDelete